19 July 2014

Candidacy 2010-14 & Spiritual Direction




During Diaconate Formation (Feb. 1, 2014)


Selfie posted on Facebook (Feb. 1, 2014)

My wife successfully defended her Ph.D. dissertation on the Feast of St. Paul in Oct. 2011.  This is a statue of St. Paul of the Cross at Christ the King Retreat Center in Citrus Heights where we completed part of our diaconate formation.



Either Fall 2013 or Early Spring 2014




* * *


My reflections were written in 5 journals. 

These are very intimate reflections.  For the record, I submit them all to the judgment of Holy Mother Church.  If I have made any errors, they are mine alone, and I with loving heart and with great joy I recant anything written therein that is not consistent with the teachings of the Magisterium especially on faith and morals.

I tried to develop a separate blog on just the diaconate formation process.  But I think the 5 hard copy journals will have to suffice.  These were the only two blogs I made on a site called "Her Majesty's Sheepdog".  As soon as I can, I will delete this site.

Here were the two entries I made back in 2012:


Thursday, May 24, 2012


My spiritual director continues to play a critical role in formation and discernment.  He grounds me, especially in prayer and silence.  This year of the past three years was the most that God seemed silent about this journey.  I've had moments of consolation, but they do not come as frequently as before.

St. Faustina's Diary, too, continues to give me peace in the midst of darkness and the storm that rages.

A deacon candidate's wife is not expendable.  I have learned a greater respect for the wives of permanent deacons.  The deacon's wife is the deacon's first bishop.

We just ended Year Two (for a total of 3 years).  If I am called to Year Three, I surrender all.

Jesus, Mary, Joseph, we love you, save souls!

Monday, March 26, 2012


Launching Blog on My Journey Discerning the Permanent Diaconate

Today, March 26, 2012, is the Solemnity of the Annunciation.  Normally, it is celebrated on March 25, but this year March 25 fell on a Sunday, so we celebrate it today.

It was around this time three years ago that I received a letter from the Chancery, dated March 19, 2009, stating that I had been accepted to permanent diaconate aspirancy.  March 19 is the Solemnity of St. Joseph, another major feast day.

For the past three years, I wrote down -- per my spiritual director -- my journey.  There are about 5 or 6 journal books which detail my very intimate encounters with the Lord Jesus and His Mother via an intense lectio divina reading of the Holy Gospels.

This blog is meant to facilitate my writing down my journey, since I haven't documented much on regular paper lately.  I don't think I will publish this daily, as I do with other posts.  I think I will keep my posts private until the local bishop discerns whether or not I have an authentic vocation.

For now, may this blog be used for the greater glory of God and so that all nations will be won over to the love and name of Jesus Christ.

For this task, I entrust this work to the Mother of Christ by referring to her as Her Majesty.  I am her little sheepdog.  It is an image I have given myself for the past two decades now.  More detail, of course, later.

I am Her Majesty's sheepdog.

A.M.D.G.


* * *

Rite of Candidacy

No comments:

Post a Comment