02 August 2022

Helped Vallejo PD w/National Night Out 2022

Assigned to visit Friendship Baptist Church (West Vallejo).  

Two other VPD officers stopped by and spoke to me for a bit about how things were going.  Their morale was surprisingly high.  I later introduced them to the new pastor.

Met the pastor, Pastor Lester, and connected VPD with members in the community.  Seemed like there were 100-200 at this event.

Unexpectedly ran into my sister-in-law there.  Pretty cool!  

I didn't know that she recorded me line dancing with some community members until later.





I was assigned to Lt. Robinson's & Karen's group and rode in the Lieutenant's squad car.



Then we went to a second assigned location in East Vallejo.
Thank you, Karen, from Code Enforcement.



Almost forgot: 'Saw this prayer posted up on a billboard at the staging area before we left:


Police Chaplain D. Purificacion
(chaplaincy part of my service as a Catholic deacon)

In my tactical bag hooked on my belt I carry things like my Shorter Book of Blessings, holy water, notepad and pen, clergy stole, flashlight, etc.  I've needed all these in some way.)

(photo from VPD FB)


This year was a record event with 28 neighborhoods and organizations involved, along with over 16 VPD officers, 11 civilian employees and over 22 employees from different Vallejo departments and VFD.

(photo from VPD FB)

'Spoke to several officers and several staff.



Thank you, Vallejo.  
God bless, protect and heal you.

St. Michael the Archangel, pray for us.


A.M.D.G.





No comments:

Post a Comment