04 August 2022

A Dream of a Police Officer Crying in My Arms

In Nov. 2021, I had a dream of a cop (who I know but name withheld here) who after collapsing with buckled knees hugged me and cried in my arms.  I said to the officer, "I know you've seen ugly."

Officer was wearing a suit and a trench coat and reminded me of the old days when detectives would dress like that in the movies.
This obviously does not represent any views other than my own psychology and the reflections of nobody but me.  I don't claim anything mystical from it.  

As I write this, I am reminded of how in Chaplain Academy one of the speakers said something along the lines of: There is a reason why the public is shielded from details of horrific crimes.

It's because they are ugly.  And the general public cannot handle the gory scenes of the worst of humanity.

Crime and sin are ugly.  God bless and strengthen the thin blue line to protect us from evil.






No comments:

Post a Comment