20 August 2022

Movie 'Lion King' Resembles Bible Story of Salvation: Homily #214 for Rite of Baptism, Includes Baby of Former SPSV High School Student (Stephanie Hernandez Diaz, Class of 2004)




#214



Stephanie was my student at St. Pat's.  I was blessed to baptize her baby. Her toddler son raised his hand to read from the Reading from the Letter of Peter.  I was impressed.  Lisa, a godmother from another family and a parishioner from St. Patrick's in Rodeo, helped him.




Welcome to the Kingdom of God, little ones:

154: Alisha Riley
155: Sarah
156: Olivia
157: Maysa
158: Dion

A godmother asked me to pray for her 14 year old son, A.

Alisha Reily's family asked me to bless some rosaries and candles.

'Spoke to some middle schoolers about God afterwards.  Met twins named Peter and Paul who was baptized by the pastor.

Maysa said thank you to me after I baptized her and kept waving.  She was the one who said thank you to me after I poured the life-giving waters of our salvation over her head.

(photos used with permission)

No comments:

Post a Comment