24 July 2023

49th Birthday Self-Reflections (last year in my 40s)


Self-Reflections

Age 0-9: First introduced to God by parents, didn't like church as a kid, learned from godparents/parishioners/catechists

Age 10-19: began deeper reversion to God more after death of grandfather, began church ministry (altar server, teaching as catechist), learned school friendships

Age 20-29: formal theology/philosophy studies, entered teaching profession, married

Age 30-39: expanded into education administration, marriage and family growth, formation studies for ordination

Age 40-49: marriage and family life, education administration, diaconate service


---

Sample of my day today:

Took the day off of work.

Wife took me to Holy Hour to spend time with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.  After Liturgy of Hours, I wrote the thoughts above reflecting on my life.

'Got Jamba Juice and snacks later.  Then, we went to Mass with kids.  Kids made dinner, and I blew out some candles.

I am grateful for another year of life.

Thank you to all of you in my life.  I prayed for you all.







No comments:

Post a Comment