12 July 2023

Our 20th Wedding Anniversary (July 12, 2023)



Thank you to my son, John Paul, for editing these photos.


* * *

- During lunch, I surprised my wife with a simple bracelet with the engraved names of our 3 miscarried babies (the new bracelet replaces an older bracelet with names of the three): "JMJ JAM JMR".

+ Joshua Miriam Job (2021)

+ Jacinto Angel Marya (2022)

+ Jacob Mystical Rose (nickname from daddy, if a girl: "Misty") (2023)


On the inside of the bracelet was engraved "20th Wedding Anniversary Gift".


A few days ago before our celebration, I asked Tove Ann what she wanted for our 20th, and she mentioned a bracelet with our three loved little ones' names on it.  I found something online, and it arrived Wed. morning.  I was grateful to have had the day off of work to receive the package to surprise her.

new bracelet on Tove Ann's right wrist & old bracelets

(Tove Ann & 3 girls made these older bracelets a couple of months ago; I told them they reminded me of Punky Brewster bracelets.)


I wanted to capture Tove Ann's reaction to my gift remembering our three little ones in this video:

Thank you for sharing our joys and sorrows with us.


- Tove Ann then asked for us to spend time with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament @ the Perpetual Adoration Chapel, St. Dominic's in Benicia, as part of our date.



- Then, after evening Mass, the pastor Fr. Glenn blessed us when we renewed our vows.



- This was followed with some time spent afterwards with the kids on the parish grounds where John Paul took photos and videos & where Tove Ann sang her wedding song to me outside while EJ played the guitar.  Thank you, Kathryn, for your help.

- video under construction -

 




To end the evening, we had some burgers.  And then we went to the store, and Tove Ann got me a picture frame to hold photos and Toblerone candy.  

We had ice cream at home.




Here's a card from Tove Ann:



As usual, my parents are thoughtful.

 



Thank you, everyone, for your love, support and prayers for 20 years of married life.  Thank you, God.

We love you all!


- Dennis, Tove Ann and kids

No comments:

Post a Comment