16 September 2017

14 Newly Baptized "Part of the Tribe" of Christ (Homily #97)


I used Star Wars: Return of the Jedi to explain being a royal people, a chosen nation set apart for Christ (cf. 1 Peter 2:9) selected as the reading during the Rite of Baptism.

"Wonderful, we are now part of the tribe."  - C3PO after telling the story of SW heroes


Welcome to the "Tribe" of Jesus Christ, precious little ones:

Damian (a young toddler not yet of the age of reason)
Preston
Zoe Ysabelle
Melody Love
Ava Brielle (whose dad helped me set up & read Word of God)
Zoe Grace
Alani
Gabriel
Kage Bishop
Khloe
Phoenix Daniel
Theron Xavier (whose dad was my wife's classmate)
Jordyn Paige
Noah Elwin

Ava's dad came up to me as I was setting up, and he helped light candles and move the Paschal Candle for me.  Little acts like this were such a big help.  I was able to start on time.  I could tell that he understood what happens at his parish and how to serve.  So I asked him read from 1 Peter 2:9 during the Liturgy of the Word.  I hope it touched him to be able to do this for his daughter's big day.

One of the babies pushed the baptismal shell away as I was pouring Holy Water, and some water sprinkled on the baby's face by accident.

As we were taking pictures, I asked Damian to pray for me.

I have been blessed to administer the Sacrament of Baptism to 71 beautiful little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment