12 July 2017

14th Wedding Anniversary


Went to Mass @ St. Rose of Lima in Crockett, CA.  The Mass fit our schedule.  Right after Mass, the priest (who was a visiting priest) did a Blessing for a Wedding Anniversary.

All the kids were with us, so we couldn't take pictures.  This was taken by a helpful parishioner after we received a blessing.


We ate at Rubio's and then used a Cold Stone gift card that my Mom and Papa Hardie gave us on Sunday when we saw them for dinner.

For the evening, we checked into a small room with a modest-size bathtub for the kids to play in the water.  The following day we went to the noon Mass again.

For these 14 years, I am grateful that God sent me Tove Ann.  She keeps my head on straight and helps keep the feet of my soul from being licked by the fires of Hell.  She's tough as nails spiritually-speaking.  On top of all that, it takes a certain quality to be a deacon's wife, to boot, with all the commitments that deacon's need to keep on their hectic schedule.  Yes, my schedule alone is intense, and I try not to let this be reflected when I'm with people. 

When I was a teenager open to the diaconate, I remember praying a few times that God would send me a deacon's wife.  I knew that it would be demanding on many levels.  Yes, even many years ago, before I met Tove Ann, I prayed for her-- reminds me of this song which I dedicate to her:

     

No comments:

Post a Comment