09 September 2016

A Dream of the Devil & Christ

On Sept. 7, I had the following dream:

In my dream, I was with several people in an elevator.

We pushed the button to go up; however, the elevator went down.

When the door opened, we saw the devil!  He was ugly.

The devil then started to point to the people behind and around me.  My sense was that the ones the devil pointed to were going to Hell. 

I did not want to go to Hell.  I thought of Jesus, bowed my head, and prayed, "Lord have mercy on me." 

The devil did not point to me. 

I did not see or hear Jesus in the dream, but I sensed that calling on Jesus protected me in the dream. 

I threw myself and my sins to Jesus and relied totally on His mercy.  I asked that His Name protect me and my loved ones in reality.

I half-awoke after the dream.  I mumbled something to my sleeping wife, "I had a dream of the devil."  But she did not hear me. 

I went back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment