27 October 2015

Wife Lectoring & Son Acolyting at Same Mass

Fr. Glen introduced our son at Mass since it was the first time my son served with Father.  John Paul served about a dozen other Masses, but not with Fr. Glen yet.

Father said, "I'd like to introduce John Paul, the son of Deacon Dennis and Tove Ann Purificacion.  Perhaps he will follow in his father's footsteps in the diaconate and then into the priesthood."

I can't remember if Father said "and then the priesthood" or "or the priesthood," but when I reflected with Tove Ann later, she said, "The priesthood!" That is to say, she preferred it if Father said not the married deacon part but the priest part.

My wife also lectored at this same Mass.  I saw my wife and son at the sanctuary.

Thank you, God.  I told my wife that this was a gift to have both of them doing this at Mass.

Here's a recording of Tove Ann:



No comments:

Post a Comment