07 October 2015

My Announcement at All Masses (After Post-Communion Prayer)


Hello everyone.  I’m Deacon Dennis. 
And I just wanted to let you know that, over the summer, Fr. Resti who oversees St. Joseph’s Parish in Vacaville asked me if I could help him at his parish.  So I volunteered to be on temporary “on loan” duty at St. Joseph’s. 

I say that I say that I am “on loan” but I will actually be “a-lone” since there is no deacon at this parish that is slightly smaller than ours.  (They have no deacon in a parish of about 2,000 families, so I hope to eventually recruit new deacons for the parish.)

St. Catherine’s will still be my parish, and my wife, Tove Ann, and I still plan to attend Mass at St. Catherine’s with our kids whenever I’m not on deacon duty at St. Joseph’s.

[This reminds me of a joke about two parishioners at St. Catherine’s.  One attended the Sat. 5pm Mass, and the other attended the Sunday 12pm Mass.  One day, they happen to meet at a parish festival.  The first parishioner said to the other parishioner, “Hey, do you still go to St. Catherine’s?”  The second parishioner replied, “Yeah, I still go to St. Catherine’s.  Do you still go to St. Catherine’s?]

So I’m not leaving St Catherine’s.  I’m just going to help St. Joseph’s. 

I give you all a big group hug (from my deacon’s bench here).  And I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment