02 April 2015

Palm Sunday & Holy Thursday

 
 
HOLY THURSDAY
 
I was asked to be the Deacon of the Altar for Holy Thursday.  This meant that I was responsible for the deacon parts for the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
 
I also chanted the "Kyrie, Eleison."
 
This photo was taken by a dear friend.  I am to Fr. Gerome's right in the background.
 
(Used with permission from Maureen De Vigal)

Maureen's FB comments:
"Sinner or saint... Is worthy of His righteous love.
We do this because He first did it to us. And He told us to do this, in remembrance of Him.
My eldest boy washing my youngest daughter's feet.
Christianity 101"
 
I cannot forget a homily I heard at the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. many years ago.  It must have been either 1996 or 1997.  I was one of the servers.  The bishop there spoke of three main themes of Holy Thursday: (1) Eucharist, (2) priesthood, and (3) agape.  Fr. Gerome mentioned these in his homily.



PALM SUNDAY
With my dad, Mama Tess, sister Michelle and nephews Joseph and Isaiah (in law)
March 29, 2015

 

No comments:

Post a Comment