02 July 2021

My Dream That I Went To Hear Confession For First Time

I had a dream this early morning that I went to hear the Confession of penitents in the Sacrament of Penance.

There was a line waiting for me.  The first penitent knelt on my left behind a screen. But I could see that he looked like a deacon I work with. 

I then fell on my knees sobbing how unworthy I was to hear a Confession, after I had made many Confessions myself.  I saw that I was wearing a clerical collar and a purple stole as I was on my knees.  I sobbed in the dream but also sobbed in real life as I was asleep.

The penitent looked puzzled why I was sobbing, and I was going to tell him, "You're my first Confession to hear" to put him at ease.  But as I did I noticed there were other penitents within hearing distance, so I went to tell them to keep some distance for the penitent's privacy.

And with that, I woke up.

It was like the dream I had two years ago on Corpus Christi 2019 about celebrating Mass HERE.  Note: After posting that dream about celebrating Mass, I took it off after a while and reverted it back to draft because I was embarrassed.  But then some time later I read about how one can put the (unconsecrated) host on the corporal like I saw somewhat in my dream.  I never knew that until recently. That image inspired me to put the post back up.

I submit all this to Holy Mother Church.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment