17 September 2014

3 Videos: "You Know Better Than I"

One of the blessings of the permanent diaconate is that two sacraments assist the permanent deacon-- Holy Matrimony and Holy Orders.  The sacraments confer grace to assist in the Cross of life.

Early this morning, somewhat passed midnight, my wife played three songs that I simply want to post here to remember this day.  There were very deep moments I shared with her where during the course of these songs my heart was softened and I told Jesus, "I can do [all things] in You" and "I love you."

I thought of all the responsibilities that God gave me and my family, and I had my moments of weakness where I felt like "I can't" and I told Jesus sorry that I could not feel His presence.  But it is in my weakness where I am strong.

The first song, especially, helped break down my heart into a tender heart since the words were the most relevant at that time.

I told her, "You helped me love Christ" and made an act of sheer faith and love.  I told her that since ordination, my sense of Christ was different.  It's been different since ordination.  I pondered how maybe it meant that Christ was in me, even though I am a sinner.

The first was a song about a spiritual warrior being a child called "The Warrior is a Child".  Of the three songs, it was the most relevant.



The second was "You Know Better Than I".


The third song was "Take Me Out of the Dark".


Thank you, God, for these moments of consolation.  I know that Mother Theresa did not have moments of consolation for over 50 years, but that is how weak I am.

Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment