09 December 2017

Priest's Words in Confession About Diaconate Remained in My Heart

Lately, I have focused much on investing in raising my family in the Faith as best as I can.  As a husband and father, I have failed many times.  The Sacrament of Reconciliation and Penance brings me back up.

Today, the priest in Confession reminded me specifically of my vocation in the diaconate.  I have not heard words to me like this about the diaconate from a priest during Confession in a while. 

I web blog it here to remind me in the future.  I do not want to forget during times of persecution or tribulation. 

Father said something along the lines of the following:

From all eternity, God called you to not just baptism and Confirmation but also to the diaconate.

He said more, but that is the substance of what he said to me.

I blog this at the end of the night, as my family lay asleep.  There was something that deeply moved me about what he said (combined even with how he said it).  It stuck with me all day! 

With the priest's words in the Sacrament of Confession, I received interior strength being in the diaconate.  I do not want to fail Jesus the Servant, after whom my soul has been indelibly marked.

I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment