17 November 2016

"The Father of the Little Flower" by Celine Martin (Sr. Genevieve of the Holy Face)



I started reading this book today which my wife Tove Ann got for me, after Tove ann watched a play with 3 of the kids on St. Therese.

After reading a few pages, I felt like I was taken out of a mental rut that was weighing me down for quite some time.  I felt freedom and the taste once again of wanting to be a saint, too, like this father of saints.

I spontaneously started to sing "The Church's One Foundation," as though I was instinctively giving gratitude to God.  As I pondered the spiritual war in which the Church was engaged from the hymn, the gift of tears which had not been given me for some time was granted.

I think the Martin Family likes our family.  I discovered today that both St. Louis Martin and St. Zelie Martin were children of military.

I like how their feast is the same as Tove Ann and my wedding anniversary, July 12.  St. Therese also shares the same birthday as my first daughter, Mariana Mahal.

At dinner time, I was deliberate about wanting to groom my kids to be saints, although it was challenging when I had to discipline one of them.

I am grateful.

St. Louis Martin, pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment