14 March 2015

Parish of the Month: St. Claire's Church, Roseville, CA (March 2015)

Today, I was at St. Claire's in Roseville for a Deacon Continuing Education Day.

There were about 75-100 deacons with many of them with their wives.  I told one of the deacon wives who interviewed me almost 6 years ago how things were going, and she said that I was doing too much for the parish.  I told her that I would pass on her comment to my wife.  Perhaps I will blog about her one day.  A wife of a deacon is the deacon's first bishop.  And even though the topic for the day was ecumenism, her lesson for that brief few minutes I spent with her was the best lesson all day!

But the main reason why I wanted to blog this day was because, right above the altar, there was a picture of the Two Hearts of Jesus and Mary.  I wasn't sure of the significance since St. Claire is typically not associated with the Hearts of Our Lord and Our Lady.  In any event, the designers of this parish church designed the Hearts into the sacred art.  So I wanted to highlight this parish here.

Here's the photo:





The other notable aspect of the parish is that the handicap parking outside also included pregnant mothers.  I thought this was very welcoming of life. 

The sign stated, "Courtesy Parking for Seniors or Expectant Mothers."


Great sign!  I hope some silly high school senior doesn't end up parking there.

Concerning the first picture here, I am impelled to highlight parishes that feature the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  My own home parish has a (removable) picture of the Immaculate Heart.  Perhaps I can do something like "Parish of the Month" or "Parish of the Week" whenever I encounter a parish with Mary's Immaculate Heart.

Her Heart, after all, is very, very biblical.


* * *
 

Actually, with this post, I am instituting a "Parish of the Month" recognition system.  Let's see if this catches on this blog.  :)

Congratulations, parishioners of St. Claire's in Roseville, California.  For your beautiful portrayal of the Twin Hearts of Jesus and Mary above the holy sanctuary, your parish is hereby awarded (the first of hopefully many awards for) the "Parish of the Month Award" for March 2015. 

Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment